Comb outs are a lot of work. They take time and effort. However, if you really work diligently, and use a top quality lice removal comb, a comb out is the most financially friendly lice treatment option.
Do the following steps every night for two weeks for a successful comb out:
1. Choose a comfortable well-lit area.
2. Hair can either be dry or wet (use water or conditioner).
3. Comb through the hair with an ordinary comb to get rid of all knots and tangles.
4. Divide the hair into sections and clip up neatly.
5. Gently insert the detection comb at the bottom of a section of hair with the logo facing the head. The comb should be almost parallel with the scalp so that the specially designed rounded ends of its teeth will glide over the scalp without scratching it.
6. Comb lightly outwards for the whole length of the hair.
7. After each stroke wipe the comb on a white paper towel and examine any debris found. You may see lice eggs, nymphs and adult lice.
8. Repeat this process over the whole scalp paying particular attention to the areas behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
You may find a magnifying glass helpful to check that what you have found, is an insect, rather than a flake of skin or dirt.
If you are using conditioner the comb may need rinsing during checking.
After use, wash the comb with clean soapy water and then thoroughly rinse and dry before storing in a dry place.
The Lice Clinics of America Enzyme Mousse (comb out mousse), and Active Rinse are great products to aid you during and after your comb outs each night.
Always feel free to call Lice Clinics Medford or visit our website at www.liceclinicsmedford.com, or simply call us, if you need help or have questions! We have a number of options for treatment, as well as products and tools to help you through this lice battle.